Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds absolutely delicious. Great for a party, but plan ahead as it needs to refrigerate overnight. (prep and cook times do not include fridge time)
Top Review by Kristi G.
A very delicious appetizer! I made it exactly according to the recipe. The herbs are very subtle, and could be tweaked to suit your tastes. I realized it doesn't call for salt or pepper, but it doesn't need it, especially when served with crackers. The only thing I did differently was to serve it warm/room temperature rather then chilled. It was an easy, inexpensive, yet impressive appetizer.
- 1 cup finely crushed thin wheat crackers
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and margarine. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add yogurt, egg, egg yolk, basil and rosemary. Beat on low until just blended. Stir in Swiss cheese.
- Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on baking sheet and bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut in wedges and serve with crackers.