Recipe by KelBel
A great way to serve sweet potatoes! The spices balances out the natural sweetness of the potato. Serve with Southwestern Turkey Burger.
Top Review by ratwoman
As much as I like sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon, I was in the mood for a savory recipe. I found this recipe and am glad I did. Very Yummy! I sure enjoyed the seasoning - left out the oregano.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Scrub the potatoes if leaving the skins on or peel. Cut sweet potato into wedges (about 8 wedges per potato).
- Place potatoes in gallon ziploc bag or large bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Coat potatoes evenly with oil and spices. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with mayo or ketchup for dipping.