Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to serve sweet potatoes! The spices balances out the natural sweetness of the potato. Serve with Southwestern Turkey Burger.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Scrub the potatoes if leaving the skins on or peel. Cut sweet potato into wedges (about 8 wedges per potato).
- Place potatoes in gallon ziploc bag or large bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Coat potatoes evenly with oil and spices. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with mayo or ketchup for dipping.
As much as I like sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon, I was in the mood for a savory recipe. I found this recipe and am glad I did. Very Yummy! I sure enjoyed the seasoning - left out the oregano.
Very successful, even the burnt bits were yummy! Followed as written and will be making these often! Thanks for a great recipe!
Tasty recipe. I enjoyed the savory spices used. My homemade chili powder has abit more kick than normal so I cut it back abit. It was abit too spicy for the kids but the adults really enjoyed it.