Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
So...anyone who sees the title is probably thinking "Ew! What a weird combo!" Well, all I can say is that I was out of veggies one day and had no patience to go to the store to buy some. So I basically scrounged around and put together something that I hoped would taste good - and it came out AWESOME!!! It is such an incredibly easy and fast recipe and it just goes so well with a crusty piece of garlic bread! YUM!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 small turnip
- 2 small white potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (approx.)
- chicken flavored broth (enough to just cover the veggies)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Saute the garlic and onion in the oil until translucent.
- Cube the veggies and throw into the pot. Pour in enough broth to just cover the veggies.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and then lower the flame and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Remove soup from flame and blend with a hand blender until thick and creamy. Pour in the milk and blend for a few more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This was just excellent! I needed to clear out the veggie drawer and found this recipe fit the bill. I was just thrilled to be ablle to use up the veggies, but more thrilled to stumble upon a great recipe which is now added to our favourites. Thanks Shopmiami!