Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat, saute bacon in hot oil for 3 minutes or until brown.
- Add in onion; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Add in sweet potato; stir/saute 5 minutes; add in apple and the next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes and apple are tender.
- Spoon mixture into a serving dish, sprinkle with pecans and parsley.
When making this recipe I did juggle some of the amounts, since I wanted to have just 2-3 servings ~ I used one large sweet potato & one not-so-large Granny Smith, but kept the other amount pretty much the same, & we had a very satisfying side of hash with this! I am a big fan of the SP, & always enjoy a new way to serve 'em! Thanks for sharing this one! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]