Recipe by Bec
This is Mrs. Clifford Noren's recipe from the Philathea Cook Book of Elim Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota from 1945. Note: the recipe called for "1 package medium cut egg noodles," so I'm assuming it is a 1 pound package.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 ounces chipped beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until tender.
- Melt butter in saucepan; add chipped beef and cook until frizzled.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Then add soup and cook, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Combine with well drained corn, green pepper and cooked noodles.
- Pour into well greased casserole.
- Top with buttered soft bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes, or until crumbs are browned.