1/6 Photos of Savory Summer Salmon and Refreshing Relish Recipe
Speaks for itself ;) Perfect for a summer meal - you can also grill the salmon if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium-ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 whole green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/4 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1/2 orange)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- granulated sugar, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste) or 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (skin on)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1For relish:.
- 2Combine the tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, cucumber, cilantro, orange juice, vinegar and oil and stir. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Refrigerate until needed.
- 3For salmon:.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pepper, paprika, chile powder, salt and garlic powder.
- 5Coat the tops (flesh side) of the salmon fillets evenly with the spice mixture. Refrigerate the salmon for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- 6Preheat the oven to 450°F Heat a large, ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil and heat through.
- 7Place the salmon, skin-side down, in the sauté pan. Cook until the skin is crisp, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until desired, about 5 to 6 minutes for medium, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium well.
- 9Spoon relish over each fillet and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Summer Salmon and Refreshing Relish Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 1019.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g