Speaks for itself ;) Perfect for a summer meal - you can also grill the salmon if you prefer.
Make and share this Savory Summer Salmon and Refreshing Relish Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium-ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 whole green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1⁄2 small yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1/2 orange)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- granulated sugar, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste) or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (skin on)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- For relish:.
- Combine the tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, cucumber, cilantro, orange juice, vinegar and oil and stir. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Refrigerate until needed.
- For salmon:.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pepper, paprika, chile powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Coat the tops (flesh side) of the salmon fillets evenly with the spice mixture. Refrigerate the salmon for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F Heat a large, ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil and heat through.
- Place the salmon, skin-side down, in the sauté pan. Cook until the skin is crisp, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until desired, about 5 to 6 minutes for medium, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium well.
- Spoon relish over each fillet and serve immediately.