Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 7 1⁄2 ounces refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 purple onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Fit pie crust into a 9 inch deep dish tart pan; prick bottom and sides of pie crust with a fork.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside.
- Sauté bell pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet 5 minutes or until tender; stir in basil.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in sautéed vegetables and cheeses.
- Pour in crust; top with tomato.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until set, shielding edges with strips of aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.