Recipe by Shelby Jo
This is from a recipe card collection called Healthy Meals in Minutes. I got a huge box of these cards at a garage sale dirt cheap, so I'm sorting through the good looking ones to post on here for safe keeping!
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
FOR THE STUFFING
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare stuffing, spray a large skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Add onion to prepared skillet; cook stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, tarragon, and salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- Make a cut, about 2 inches deep down the long side of the tenderloin. Spread tenderloin open.
- Spoon stuffing inside tenderloin to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Roll up tenderloin lengthwise; sprinkle with pepper. Wrap tenderloin in cheesecloth; tie at intervals with string to secure.
- Place tenderloin, seam-side down on a rack in a roasting pan. Toast tenderloin until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160 for medium, about 50 minutes.
- Place tenderloin on carving board; let stand 5 minutes. Remove string and cheesecloth. Slice and serve immediately.