Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An award-winning recipe from Judy Daily/Better Homes & Gardens, June 2004.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 3/4-8 ounce) package rice pilaf and lentil mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 medium portabella mushroom caps (about 4 inches in diameter)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- In same saucepan with the onions and garlic, prepare rice pilaf mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes; set aside.
- Cut off mushroom stems even with caps; discard stems. Remove gills, if desired.
- Brush mushrooms with some of the reserved marinade; discard any remaining marinade.
- Place mushroom caps, stemmed sides up, in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Transfer to individual plates, stemmed sides up.
- Stir artichoke hearts and cheese into hot rice pilaf mixture; spoon into baked mushroom caps.