Recipe by sprinkledpink
Quick and easy but looks good and tastes amazing. Uses ingredients that are usually on hand. Makes a great weeknight or company dish.
Top Review by ohgal
Very tasty. A nice way to make stuffed pork chops and a change from regular stuffing. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs and they were quite flavorful, and I thank you for posting this recipe.
- 2 thick-cut pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Make slits in pork chops with a very sharp knife to form a pocket in the fat end. Combine bread crumbs sugar, pepper, seasoned salt, onions parsley and 1 1/2 tbsp of butter; mix well.
- Stuff chops generously and skewer shut with touthpicks.
- Heat remaining butter in a skillet. Brown chops slowly over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Add beef broth and simmer over low heat for 25-30 minutes until tender, turning chops several times. Remove touthpicks and pour pan juices over pork chops before serving.