Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
An easy meal that cooks itself... fruit fragrant and moist!
- 4 lbs boneless lamb shoulder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup bouillon
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 apple, peeled,cored and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup apricot brandy
- Cut meat into 2-inch cubes.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper and coat cubes.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat on all sides.
- Add bouillon and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add all other ingredients, except brandy.
- Simmer covered for 1& 3/4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- One half hour before stew is done, add brandy.
- If too juicy, increase heat slightly.
The recipe is indeed lovely and moist. I did it in a crockpot for 5 hours on low. Because the recipe is a bit unusual (just the way I love a recipe) I followed it to the letter right up until I added the orange Brandy, then tasted it and found it to be a bit subtle in the flavor so I added 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice, 4 pieces of crystallized ginger minced, a pinch of cardamon and a pinch of cloves. Also pepper. It was terrific. I served with Grandma's pea salad#18313 and crusty rollsThanks s'kat