Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but I'm trying it out for the first time tonight. So far, the aroma is wonderful! Hope it tastes as good as it smells.
Top Review by Well Done
Easy recipe to put together. Very savory. Adds a new, different twist to plain ole cube steak. The simmering after the meat is browned really makes the steaks tender which is good considering cube steaks sometimes tend to be a little on the tough side.
- 1 lb cube steak
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- hot noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the steaks in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium high heat.
- Brown the steaks.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, soup mix and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the steaks are tender.
- Serve over hot noodles.