Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband is a steak purist--NOTHING on his BBQ steaks--UNTIL I introduced him to this quick & very easy topping. From an old Good Housekeeping cookbook, but tweaked slightly. Worse thing is that I eat more steak with this on it! Haven't tried yet on hamburgers but will do so some day. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, soft spread, etc
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I use regular but you could use any other flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish (or to taste)
- Soften margarine slightly, then add other ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread on hot, sizzling steak straight off the grill.
- NOTE: Please be sure to take the steak OFF the grill before adding this topper!
i tried this with high hopes of it being a real tongue teaser. i was disappointed. it was a breeze to make and the ingrediants were very simple. i just couldn't taste any new flavour to the steak. i even added extra horseradish when making up a batch. watch for fire flare-ups because of the butter. thanks for the recipe-it did motivate me to make steak for an evening snack and that's always good!