Recipe by jackieblue
A quick and easy treat. This soup (which is spicy, but not hot like hot peppers) can be whipped up for a cold day's lunch or as an introduction to dinner. The warm flavors in the soup build as you continue to eat it. It came about because I am often too lazy to clean up a food processor when I am putting together lunch for just myself. Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagecooked frozen squash
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat frozen squash and chicken broth in a saucepan until squash is defrosted.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer/low boil.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently, to allow flavors to blend and soup to thicken slightly.
- Notes: Soup will thicken more as it cools. I have used baby food pears instead of applesauce and it's also good.