Recipe by Mika G.
I haven't tried these yet but am keeping here for safe keeping.
Top Review by DoxieMama
Made these last night, I ate 3! While making them, I was a little concerned because the batter was kinda crumbly, it didn't seem to have enough liquid in it. I went ahead and spooned it into the muffin cups, thinking that it would probably work out since squash has a lot of water in it. And they came out great! I think they would be good made with corn meal, too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup yellow squash, grated
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add oil and eggs, beating at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add squashes, stirring to combine.
- Add cheese, stirring to combine.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 33 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.