Sandy Miller from Birmingham gave me this recipe. I love squash and like having different ways to prepare it. It is great for a potluck, but be ready to give out the recipe.
- Boil squash and onion until tender.
- Mix seasonings, sour cream, and cheese with squash and onions.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Mix crushed crackers and melted butter and put on top of squash.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
I loved this! I made this as written, using light sour cream. I used 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers..... probably wasn't 2 cups, but it was plenty. It was moist, creamy and cheesey. Thanx for posting. This recipe will come in handy when the homegrown summer squash is ripe!