Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I found this recipe in a catalog from Penzey's Spices. I prefer to make this with a couple of smoked ham hocks instead of the diced ham.
- 1 lb dried split green peas
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 quarts ham stock
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 4 or 5-quart crock pot, combine the peas, ham, onion, carrot, potatos, ham stock, savory, thyme, and salt. Cover.
- Cook on low-heat for 10-12 hours, or high-heat for 4-5 hours.
Outstanding, would not change recipe at all.