Recipe by Rinshinomori
This recipe comes from Bon Appetit. Recipe calls for 1/2 C chopped roasted red pepper. You can use roasted red peppers from a jar (drained) or homemade roasted red peppers.
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup thinly sliced spinach leaves
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet roasted red pepper (see recipe description)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray 12 standard (1/3-cup) muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, paprika, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk milk, oil, and eggs in large bowl to blend. Add dry ingredients; whisk just until blended. Add spinach, feta, and peppers; fold to incorporate evenly.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes for standard muffins
- Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around muffins to release from pan. Invert pan to release muffins, then turn muffins right side up and cool completely.