Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This recipe was given to me ages ago and I just recently made it again. I had to get it on Zaar to share and to keep in my favorite recipes. This is the easiest way to make tender and tasty baby back ribs when you're short on time.... or like me, whenever I want some finger lickin good ribs. These are Savory, Spicy and Sweet!
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs
- 1 1⁄2 cups root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Pickapeppa Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix root beer, orange juice, ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, onion, paprika, ginger and hot sauce in a medium sauce pan. Whisk in 2 tbsp cornstarch and bring to a boil. Simmer a few minutes until thickened slightly.
- Remove fatty membrane from underside of ribs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs in crock pot (you may have to cut each rack in half so they will fit) and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Move ribs around every hour or so, so they all have a turn being submerged in the sauce.