Recipe by Sue Lau
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
GREAT nuts! Everyone went nuts over them at a birthday party I took them to this evening:) I loved the smell and taste of rosemary in particular in these wonderful nutty delights! I baked these at 150C for 35 minutes in my oven. Note: I did not use red chilli powder and used ordinary cooking oil as I did not have peanut oil. Will have to make these more often, I know:)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unroasted peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet with the rosemary until it becomes aromatic, then pour over nuts, and stir to coat evenly.
- Blend the sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper together in a small dish and sprinkle over the nuts, and toss to coat well.
- Spread the nuts on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted, stirring nuts once during the cooking time.
- Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.