Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unroasted peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet with the rosemary until it becomes aromatic, then pour over nuts, and stir to coat evenly.
- Blend the sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper together in a small dish and sprinkle over the nuts, and toss to coat well.
- Spread the nuts on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted, stirring nuts once during the cooking time.
- Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.
GREAT nuts! Everyone went nuts over them at a birthday party I took them to this evening:) I loved the smell and taste of rosemary in particular in these wonderful nutty delights! I baked these at 150C for 35 minutes in my oven. Note: I did not use red chilli powder and used ordinary cooking oil as I did not have peanut oil. Will have to make these more often, I know:)
This is a great recipe! I made theses nuts for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and they got rave reviews! Tripled the recipe and added Brazil nuts, almonds and cashews. If you like unique flavor, please try this recipe.
These were terrific, Sue L. I made them on Christmas Eve for the tabnabs table, and they went so quickly regretted not making double or triple. Easy, quick and delicious, and certainly a regular from now on.