Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really good a nice change from the normal family dinner. Although labor intensive in parts. With several things going on at the same time, but once you know what your doing pretty easy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika or 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, preferred brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup lingonberry preserves
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash water
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 -2 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Mix the ground meat with fennel, paprika, parsley and grill seasoning. Form 8 small 2 to 3-inch patties and add to the hot skillet, cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Warm preserves with cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice and water over low heat. Remove the cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Mix the dry ingredients and chives in a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle. Mix the milk, sour cream, eggs and half the melted butter together then pour into the well. Beat the wet into the dry with a few shift turns but do not over mix the batter. Brush the waffle iron with a little of the remaining butter and cook waffles, keeping then warm and crisp in a low oven. The batter should fill a 4 section iron 3 times, making 12 waffles, 3 per portion. Serve 3 waffles and 2 patties with lingonberry syrup drizzled over top.