Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
The ultimate comfort food. Enough said.
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Season chops with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- In a skillet heat oil over med-high heat and brown chops, about 5 minute per side.
- Remove chops to a platter and keep warm.
- Add shallots to pan and saute until soft.
- Add broth, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Let liquid reduce by half, about 3-5 minute.
- Melt in butter then pour over chops.
Cut this recipe in half for 2 of us & I was very pleased at not only the simplicity of preparation but also the great taste ~ Very, very nice! I served it with brown rice mixed with peas! A very nice keeper of a recipe since pork chops are one a favorite! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent Tic-Tac-Toe event]
This is an exceptional recipe. Easy and everyone loves it. We like it with extra wide egg noodles and a vegetable side.
The flavor of this dish is superb! I had to cook the pork chops in the microwave at the end because they were still quite pink in the middle. Next time I would double the sauce too. Definitely a keeper, extra simple too. Thanks KL!