Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This one is requested again and again! You can use any of the good Italian hard cheeses, or a mixture of Parmesan, Asiago, Romano, etc.
- 6 ounces packaged smoked salmon
- 1 cup sour cream (light is ok)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated good parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cavender's seasoning
- 1 cup roughly chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄8 cup tawny port
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oil in saute pan, then add butter to melt. Saute onions and mushrooms until nearly all liquid has evaporated. Away from heat, add port. Return to medium high heat and continue sauteing until liquid has nearly evaported. Set aside.
- In large bowl, break up smoked salmon into small uniform pieces. Mix together sour cream & cream cheese until smooth, then add to salmon. Add remaining ingredients along with onion-mushroom mixture, blend well.
- Spread mixture into lightly oiled baking dish (I use a 10" round ceramic bake & serve) and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and light golden in color.
- I serve this warm or at room temperature with thin baguette slices which have been spread lightly with garlic-infused olive oil then toasted & sprinkled with just a bit of kosher salt!