Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A pot roast with a savory gravy.
Make and share this Savory Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs pot roast
- 1⁄2 cup flour (or as much as needed to dust roast)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (more or less to taste)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 4 large potatoes, cut in chunks
- 6 large carrots, cut in chunks
- Coat roast in flour and garlic powder. Sear on all sides until brown. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker (using a slow cooker liner makes cleanup much faster). Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.