Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
So this isn't pumpkin...but it's close! We've been enjoying lots of butternut squash lately, after buying some at Kroger, then motr at Aldi the next week for just $ 0.59 each! We've hade this...a beef stew with butternut...and I made the same beef stew mix for the guys to enjoy while I'm out of town this week.
- 3 small chicken breasts or 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- whole wheat dinner rolls or toast, with butter
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and splash the vinegar over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the baby carrots and butternut squash around and on top of the chicken. Season with the Italian seasonings and more salt and pepper, if you like.
- Set the slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours.
- Prepare bread or toast.
- Serve Savory Slow Cooker Chicken and Butternut Squash with carrots and bread.