Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
So this isn't pumpkin...but it's close! We've been enjoying lots of butternut squash lately, after buying some at Kroger, then motr at Aldi the next week for just $ 0.59 each! We've hade this...a beef stew with butternut...and I made the same beef stew mix for the guys to enjoy while I'm out of town this week.
- 3 small chicken breasts or 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- whole wheat dinner rolls or toast, with butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker and splash the vinegar over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the baby carrots and butternut squash around and on top of the chicken. Season with the Italian seasonings and more salt and pepper, if you like.
- Set the slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours.
- Prepare bread or toast.
- Serve Savory Slow Cooker Chicken and Butternut Squash with carrots and bread.