Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy and good. Add tators and carrots if you like. I usually serve this with mashed potatoes or noodles.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs boneless beef roast, chuck, round, inexpensive cuts work well
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice, V-8 NOT tomato juice
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Place beef in slowcooker. (If using potatoes and carrots, add them).
- Add sliced onions.
- Mix together the vegetable juice, brown gravy mix, garlic, pepper and thyme.
- Pour liquid mix over beef in slowcooker.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for about 7-8 hours or until desired doneness.
I followed the recipe as written. This was good but we didn't think it had much flavor to it. My family ended up putting barbecue sauce on it to eat it. There is nothing wrong with this recipe, it just didn't have enough flavor for us.