1/2 Photos of Savory Shrimp Chowder
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Tried and true chowder recipe. Serve with warm sourdough bread and green salad for a perfectly delicious and satisfying meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen cooked baby shrimp, thawed and rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1Place veggies in medium sauce pan. Add chicken broth (and some water, if necessary) to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Meantime, melt butter in large pan, add flour, salt and pepper. Whisk until blended.
- 3Slowly add half-and-half to butter/flour roux & whisk constantly until smooth and thickened. (Will be a fairly thick white sauce at this point – about 15 minutes).
- 4Carefully add veggies & liquid to white sauce in large pan.
- 5Add shrimp and vinegar to chowder. Heat through.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Top individual servings with crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Shrimp Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 271.2 mg
- Sodium 2506.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
white wine vinegar