Recipe by TheMonkey
great comfort food
Top Review by BThomson
This was very tasty! We do not have the Red Monkey spices for sale where I live so I had to improvise with the steak seasoning and just replace the others. It turned out a little on the salty side, but that could have been the steak seasoning. Also, after cooking 20 minutes we added some shredded cheese to the top of the crust, and cooked the rest of the 10.
- 7 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried red monkey rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red monkey sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red monkey peppercorn blend
- 1 teaspoon red monkey savory steak steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red monkey dried onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large heavy skillet, saute meat until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. Drain excess fat and return meat to pan over medium heat. Pour in water and season with beef and chicken bouillon, rosemary, salt, pepper, steak seasoning and onion flakes. Stir in frozen vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the water has evaporated.
- Pour meat mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover top with mashed potatoes. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top begins to brown.