Recipe by foxgang1
This is a great savory recipe to use whatever seafood left overs that you have available. Can be used as a hearty appetizer or serve a few for a meal. Makes 12 muffin sized tarts.
Top Review by Cook Canuck
This was fantastic. My family ate all the tarts immediately and still wanted more! Instead of greek seasoning I used a mixture of dried basil and oregano, and it tasted delicious. I also used fresh scallops and shrimp instead of canned seafood. Excellent recipe, I'll definitely be making it again.
- 12 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup seafood, can use good quality canned seafood drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- garlic powder
- ceyenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray or grease a muffin pan.
- For Filling:.
- Place cream cheese in mixing bowl. Add egg, half and half, and mix well. Stir in rest of filling ingredients.
- For Dough:.
- Working quickly, and keeping dough moist, lay out a sheet of dough on a cutting board and brush with melted butter. Lay onto buttered surface next sheet of Phyllo dough and repeat with 5 more sheets leaving last sheet plain without butter.
- Cut stacked dough into 6 equal pieces and place into muffin pan fitting into the bottom to make a well.
- Butter, stack, and cut remaining 6 pieces of dough.
- Fill cups with filling to top and bake at 350 F until set approximately 20 minutes.