Top Review by Laurita
Scallop season just opened. I went out in search and ending up buying some from the market...so I got the big sea scallops rather than the little bay scallop which is what I would have found (had I found any!) This recipe really is easy. I wish I would have made a little more sauce but I'll up that next time (although I may have cooked it down a little too much waiting for the pasta to get ready - put the pasta on first, these scallops cook very quick). I served mine over seashell pasta. Would be great to top with a little parmesan cheese too. Thanks for the quick-n-easy recipe, polly salama.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke add scallops.
- Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of wine and lower heat to medium.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Add remaining wine and lemon juice,and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add butter, parsley and season with pepper.
- Place scallops on a plate and smother with sauce.