Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy to whip up and I keep most of these ingredients around all the time.
Top Review by Bergy
Sunday Brunch - very nice recipe. I had to use dried basil, some chopped sweet onion and dried chives and it was stil very tasty. I used cottage cheese instead of sour cream - Do again for sure.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced, and drained
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some of the green part)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, water, basil, salt, and pepper together.
- Fold in tomato and green onion.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- When butter foams, add egg mixture all at once.
- Let set for 20 seconds.
- Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until light, fluffy, and almost dry.
- Add sour cream and stir until blended.
- Serve right away.