Recipe by MrsEl
I found this recipe in a magazine over 10 years ago. Since that day, I have served this dish to many scallop lovers - not one has been disappointed yet. Key is NOT to overcook the scallops. They cook VERY quickly. I like very flavorful dishes - usually double this sauce and serve the dish with couscous.
Top Review by Merlot
Oh MrsEl ! I am so glad you suggested this dish to me. It is absolutely wonderful. So quick and easy to prepare and the flavor was out of this world! I used the fresh basil out of my herb garden. (Fresh is always the best). Loved the combination of ingredients with the scallops. Thank you so much for sharing this.
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat scallops dry.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and oil until very hot.
- Add scallops; saute quickly until cooked.
- (Probably no more than 3 minutes per side.) Remove scallops and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and add remaining ingredients.
- Increase heat to high and cook quickly to thicken sauce.