Recipe by Mercy
I had never had wurstsalat until I sampled some at Disney's Epcot's Biergarten in the German pavillion. One bite and I was head-over-heels! I came home and scoured the net collecting every recipe available because theme park admission is just too darn expensive to shell out every time a craving hits. This is the culmination of my efforts. If you want to stretch it out a little bit, toss 2 cups of sliced cooked potatoes in with the mix.
Top Review by Kerry G
Yum! We made this for my husband's company picnic. We used smoked sausage (it was on sale) and didn't have beef broth, so we substituted some chicken broth with a couple shots of worcestershire sauce. We followed the rest of the recipe exactly (except I didn't marinate the eggs, as other reviews advised), and added swiss cheese as other reviews suggested (i would have preferred cubed, but since we were in a hurry, i just tore up some cheese slices). It was delicious and a big hit! Next time we'll try it with potatoes. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon German mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons cold beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lb bratwursts or 1 lb knockwurst, precooked and thinly sliced into disks
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, thinly sliced into disks
- 1 cup sour dill pickle, thinly sliced into disks