Recipe by Paulappp
Adapted from a cheesecake topping recipe from a Saskatoon Berry grower. I suppose blueberries would work, but cut the sugar or mix cranberries in as well. Experiment with the spices.
- 2 cups saskatoon berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Saskatoon berries in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add boullion cube, garlic, peppercorns, thyme and rosemary.
- Simmer five minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and sugar together, add gradually to Saskatoon mixture.
- Boil until clear and thick, add lemon juice.
- Serve on top of roast or barbequed pork tenderloin or chicken breast.