Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Got the original recipe from TOH and changed a few of the amounts to suit our tastes. It has to be CHILLED OVERNIGHT before serving so adjust your plans accordingly.
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed chips and butter and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 inch springfoam pan.
- Place this on a baking sheet with sides and bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and eggs on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese and the chilies and pour over the baked crust.
- Bake at 30-35 minute or until center is almost set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top the cheesecake with the sour cream.
- Gently run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake, then cool for one hour.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.
- Before serving, remove the sides of the pan just before serving.
- Garnish with the pepper, onion and tomatoes before serving.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This was good - used for a shower buffet. Will make again soon.