Recipe by FeedMePlz
vegan sandwich Make the spread early to allow it to chill. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mustard, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash beans with a bean masher. Place in a bowl and add celery, onions, relish, lemon juice and fat-free mayonnaise. Mix well. Chill to blend flavors.
- Spread bread with mustard, if desired. Place about 1/2 cup of the spread on four of the bread slices. Add lettuce, tomatoes, close up and eat.