Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
This is a great alternative to a submarine sandwich for a party or quick and easy family meal. Adapted from a popular cooking and recipe website's newsletter.
Top Review by AmyZ
Fantastic!! This is a new fav in our house-perfect for get togethers. I did not use the garlic, I just sprayed the dough with nonstick spray and sprinkled on some garlic seasoning. This was a big hit and the recipe has already been asked for by our company.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans French bread dough, tubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb American cheese, sliced or 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb deli roast beef or 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb turkey, thinly sliced
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place both loaves of dough seam side down on a greased 14-in. pizza pan, forming one large ring; pinch ends to seal. With a sharp knife, make eight 1/2-in.-deep slashes across the top of dough; lightly brush with oil.
- Spread garlic over oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble, cut bread in half horizontally. Brush salad dressing over cut sides. Layer the bottom half with ham, cheese, beef, lettuce, onion, green pepper and tomato; replace top. Serve immediately.