Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so easy to make! Just spread the salmon mixture between the two sheets of puff pastry and bake! Although it is really not necessary to chill the salmon mixture overnight, I find that chilling really improves the taste. I made this using leftover fresh salmon fillets it was delicious! All ingredients can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by Nif
This was a very savoury and very delicious treat for supper tonight! I cut the recipe in half. I made the salmon mixture last night, using fresh broiled salmon fillets and low fat mayo and no fat cream cheese. Next time I will use half the salt. I also brushed egg on the whole Puff. It took me about 10 minutes to prepare dinner tonight, which is great after a long day at work! Made for Think Pink tag. Thanks Kittencal! :)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned red salmon, well drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use red or green, about 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 large celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch dried dill (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt, seasoned salt is better!)
- black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed according to package directions (from a 17-ounce box)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese and mayo.
- Add in salmon, lemon juice (if using) bell pepper, olives, celery, green onion and dill; mix well to combine.
- Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Set oven to 400 degree.
- Place one thawed pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; roll out to a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush the edges of the sheet with egg.
- Spread the salmon mixture over the pastry up to 1-inch from edges.
- Roll the second sheet out to the same size as the first sheet.
- Place over the filling, matching the edges and crimp to seal.
- Score the top of pastry diagonally in both directions at 1-inch intervals.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cut into slices with a serrated knife and serve warm.