Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made a lot of salmon loaves,and this is the best I have found.I have been making this loaf for 24 years.Haven't had any complaints,so I keep making it.I have added the 15 minute standing time to the prep time.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red salmon (do not use pink salmon)
- 1 cup ground cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Add other ingredients and mix lightly.
- Pack mixture into a well- greased loaf pan (I use cooking spray).
- Bake in 375* oven 1 hour.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
You did it again, Dew Drops. Another great dish! I followed you instructions exactly and the result was a wonderful salmon loaf...moist and flavorful. Very easy to make. Thanks again for sharing this :-)
Thankyou for a wonderful recipe, Dew Drops! This was absolutely delicious, even cold. Very easy to put together too. I only had about 1/4 C milk so made it with that and it turned out fine. So fine that I finished off the whole loaf myself within 2 days :^)
This is an easy and tasty dish to prepare using pantry staples. I usually skip the salt, especially since there's plenty of sodium in canned salmon and crackers. I add a pinch of dill and salt free seasoning. Great on a sandwich the next day - IF there's any left over.