Recipe by weekend cooker
Skinned salmon fillets, and other toppings make this a change of pace hamburger.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 4 using 500 grams of salmon which I deboned and skinned, did not use the horseradish as we really don't care for it but did have an oops moment when the DS (27 with autism intellectual impairment) and I added the breadcrumbs and the butter to the mix but after chilling for an hour they formed into 4 beautiful patties weighing 160 grams each and dipped them int he butter and fresh lot of breadcrumbs. Cooked them in the frypan for 7 minutes each side for moist patties which were a delight to eat though I did put a dab of mayonnaise on the pattie before putting on the tomatoe slices and the baby cos lettuce. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Everyday A Holiday.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch minced fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 onion rolls
- shredded lettuce (for topping)
- sliced tomatoes (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare salmon by cutting into strips, then chopping or shredding salmon, being careful to remove any bones.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, breadcrumbs, onions, mustard, horseradish, eggs, rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Form salmon mixture into 8 patties, and lightly coat each patty with butter.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place patties on rolls, and top with lettuce and tomato.