Recipe by Oolala
I got this from Hadassah Cookbook and I hope to make it soon. This is an overnight marination recipe so you need to plan ahead.
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 cups sake
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brisket in a large ovenproof glass or enamel pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Pour over beef and marinate overnight in the refrigerator, then for at room temperature for 2-4 hours before cooking, turning the meat frequently to absorb flavors evenly.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours; turning meat twice during cooking.
- Remove meat from oven when tender and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing against the grain on the diagonal.
- Don't forget to remove the bay leaves before serving the sauce!