Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These make great party snacks.
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- In a bowl, combine green onions, mayonnaise, cheeses, mushrooms and olives.
- Spread on bread slices and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly.
I made a double batch of this recipe. They were quickly eaten with a tug of war for the last one. Everyone said they were excellent. I did leave out the mushrooms, and added 1 cup of parmesan cheese (for the double batch)
My version is 1 cup cheddar, 1 cup jack, 1/2 cup parmesan, green onions and enough mayo to just bind together. Chill overnight if possible. Spread on cocktail rye and broil until bubbly. No olives or mushrooms but really tasty and quite addictive! Great for Super Bowl this weekend.Enjoy
Oh Yum! I used dried onion because I had no green onions on hand. I also misread the recipe & didn't put in the ripe olives but this still turned out great! I'll do it right the next time. Thanks, I love it.