Recipe by San Jose Chef
Absolutely delicious! Great served with Ciabatta or Francese bread or rolls.
Top Review by LesleyScotney
Yummy! This is absolutely delicious. My hubby tells me it's fine dining quality! I substitute 2 cups of milk for 2 of the cups of chicken broth. And I use one Asian pear instead of 2 North American pears because I'm living in Korea. I also double the garlic! And use a sweet potato instead of the russet potato.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 firm pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- pepper, ground to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute
- 10 minutes. Add carrots and saute an additional 10 minutes.
- Add potato and bell peppers and saute 10 minutes. Add pears,
- chicken stock, and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer soup in batches to a food
- processor or blender. Process until smooth. Reheat.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with creme
- fraiche and sprigs of parsley.