Top Review by mums the word
I just loved this squash, it was fantastic. I don't like really sweet flavours so I did reduce the maple syrup to 2 tbsp and that was perfect for me. DH hates squash but I made him try it and he says it's "ok" which is actually a compliment coming from him. Thanks KUW, I have added it to my "favourites" and even if it is kind of weird of me, I had some for breakfast! Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 1 butternut squash (about 5 cups cut-up)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (SCANT ~ or between 1/4 - 1/2 tsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant ~ or between 1/4 - 1/2 tsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel, remove seeds, and cut squash into large bite size pieces; place pieces into a medium sized bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a small glass bowl or Pyrex measuring cup for about 1 minute in the microwave.
- Combine chicken granules with the warmed olive oil ~ stir until well combined and granules begin to melt. Stir in garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ground thyme ~ mix well.
- Pour olive oil/chicken granule/seasoning mixture over squash pieces ~ with a spoon, toss well to coat!
- Spread pieces onto a shallow sided pan (cookie sheet) sprayed with cooking spray.
- COVER the pan with aluminum foil and roast for 20 minutes, then remove cover.
- Baste squash pieces with the maple syrup and continue roasting (UNCOVERED) for 15 minutes.