Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
The hardest part of this recipe is peeling the squash! Inspired by Recipe Roasted Chicken With Squash -- Reduce the garlic powder, pepper, and thyme, if you don't like it so savory!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel, remove seeds, and cut squash into large bite size pieces; place pieces into a medium sized bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a small glass bowl or Pyrex measuring cup for about 1 minute in the microwave.
- Combine chicken granules with the warmed olive oil ~ stir until well combined and granules begin to melt. Stir in garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ground thyme ~ mix well.
- Pour olive oil/chicken granule/seasoning mixture over squash pieces ~ with a spoon, toss well to coat!
- Spread pieces onto a shallow sided pan (cookie sheet) sprayed with cooking spray.
- COVER the pan with aluminum foil and roast for 20 minutes, then remove cover.
- Baste squash pieces with the maple syrup and continue roasting (UNCOVERED) for 15 minutes.
I just loved this squash, it was fantastic. I don't like really sweet flavours so I did reduce the maple syrup to 2 tbsp and that was perfect for me. DH hates squash but I made him try it and he says it's "ok" which is actually a compliment coming from him. Thanks KUW, I have added it to my "favourites" and even if it is kind of weird of me, I had some for breakfast! Made for Fall PAC 2012.