Recipe by CgyVegan
This is another one of those no fail recipes. I've made this probably 30 times over the years for dinner parties and it always comes out perfect. A wonderful blend of flavors that really make this dish stand out.
- 4 lbs leg of lamb, shank half
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- fresh rosemary (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 deg. F. Place lamb on rack in roasting pan. Insert thermometer into thickest part of lamb without touching bone. Roast 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 325 deg. F.
- In small bowl, mix mustard and next 6 ingredients. Spread over top and sides of lamb. Roast 30 - 35 minutes per pound for rare, 40 - 45 minutes for medium or until thermometer reaches degree of desired doneness: 140 deg for rare, 160 deg for medium, 175 deg. for well-done. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Remove bay leaves.
- To make sauce, add wine, beef broth and water to roasting pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 2-3 minutes. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired. Serve with sauce.