Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was just something I whipped up one night out of despairation.... I had nothing else on hand to eat
- 1 (4 -5 lb) roasting chickens
- 6 slices white bread, left out for a few hrs
- 1 (8 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes or 1⁄2 cup fresh celery
- 6 tablespoons softened margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (2 ounce) packet chicken flavor instant bouillon
- First take ograns out of the cavity and wash chicken inside and out, trim off tail if still there, check for feathers and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet fry bacon til crispy over med-high heat.
- Drain bacon and chop in a food processor.
- Cut bread into cubes and mix with bacon in a medium bowl.
- Add ranch powder, celery, light cream, eggs and mix well.
- Using a spoon slide 2 tbs of margarine under the skin of the chicken, spread the margarine out evenly over the breast.Repeat this for the other side. You can get under the skin by the opening of the cavity. Just use your fingers to find it.
- Spread the rest of the margarine over the outside of the chicken.
- Sprinkle salt, chicken flavor, parsley and pepper evenly on all sides of the chicken,inside and out.
- Pack cavity with stuffing and tie legs together.
- Place in a large glass baking dish.
- Place on bottom rack of oven for an hour and fifteen minutes.
The ingredients do not state how much bacon to use. Also, there is no nutritional information to go by.