1 hr 15 mins
Chef FancyPants's Note:
This recipe was just something I whipped up one night out of despairation.... I had nothing else on hand to eat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 -5 lb) roasting chickens
- 6 slices white bread, left out for a few hrs
- 1 (8 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes or 1/2 cup fresh celery
- 6 tablespoons softened margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (2 ounce) packet chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1First take ograns out of the cavity and wash chicken inside and out, trim off tail if still there, check for feathers and pat dry.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a large skillet fry bacon til crispy over med-high heat.
- 4Drain bacon and chop in a food processor.
- 5Cut bread into cubes and mix with bacon in a medium bowl.
- 6Add ranch powder, celery, light cream, eggs and mix well.
- 7Using a spoon slide 2 tbs of margarine under the skin of the chicken, spread the margarine out evenly over the breast.Repeat this for the other side. You can get under the skin by the opening of the cavity. Just use your fingers to find it.
- 8Spread the rest of the margarine over the outside of the chicken.
- 9Sprinkle salt, chicken flavor, parsley and pepper evenly on all sides of the chicken,inside and out.
- 10Pack cavity with stuffing and tie legs together.
- 11Place in a large glass baking dish.
- 12Place on bottom rack of oven for an hour and fifteen minutes.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Roast Chicken With Bacon-Ranch Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.2
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 313.7 mg
- Sodium 4039.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 59.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix
dried celery flakes