Recipe by Lorac
A rice dish with a little spice that can be served as a side or a meal.
Top Review by Rita~
I enjoyed this as a side but would be wonderful as a complete meal. I used 4 eggs and 4 scallions. And found this will serve up to 8 people. Loved the heat from the ginger and the chilies. Enjoyed the next day with added green peas. Thanks!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, diced
- 2 -3 small red chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp, diced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or wok, over medium high heat, stir fry the onion, mushrooms, chili pepper and ginger for 2- 3 minutes or until cooked but not browned.
- Add garlic and shrimp and toss to combine.
- Reduce heat, add eggs, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir the egg mixture until creamy and almost set.
- Add the rice and gently stir fry, until the rice is heated through.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.