1/1 Photo of Savory Rice Pilaf With Lavender & Apricots
I got this recipe from the herb gardeners at Festival Hill in Round Top, Texas. It is the most beautiful pilaf and has a lovely taste. Just don't tell finicky eaters what's in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thin sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, peeled &, mashed
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender blossoms (4 tbsp fresh)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds or 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh spearmint
- 1Melt butter in medium saucepan; gradually add onion and celery; cook until wilted. Add garlic and rice; stir until thoroughly coated with butter.
- 2Add broth, ginger, lavender and salt.
- 3Bring to boil; reduce heat to low.
- 4Cover and cook without stirring until liquid is absorbed.
- 5When rice is tender, stir in currants, apricots, and lemon juice.
- 6Remove from heat and let stand covered to soften fruits.
- 7Add nuts and herbs and mix well.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Rice Pilaf With Lavender & Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.6
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 1145.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms